A Hybrid PBX is a conventional PBX, which mostly uses traditional analogue or digital phone networks, but which has been expanded (usually by plugging in an additional card) to allow it to communicate using the SIP IP-protocol. This allows it to connect to IP phones or to a remote IP system.
- An important feature of the Hybrid PBX is that if either the conventional PBX or VOIP server isn’t working, it will automatically switch over to the other network.
- A Hybrid PBX is excellent for remote offices and secondary locations.
- A Hybrid PBX is more costly than a Virtual PBX
- A Hybrid PBX has to be owned by the enterprise and situated on the premises.
- A Hybrid PBX allows for easy transition to full VOIP and Hosted PBX solution.
The size and expandability of your business will determine the PBX system choice that you should make.
For the best advice as to which one is right for your business as well as the best deals and service on all PBX systems that suit your business needs.
Epik is a leading player in the delivery of affordable and accessible converged voice and data solutions that are at the forefront of the next generation network. Contact Epik for all your business communication needs.